Chivas is a pretty tasty blended scotch and when I tried a Chivas cocktail created by bartender, Max Warner specifically for the holidays, I was impressed. Even though recently created, the Aberdeen Flip has that old-school bite & richness that I crave in a cocktail. The egg addition provides a custard like quality that combines with the blackberry and chocolate flavors that really took me somewhere Christmassy & special. I used the Chivas 18 year old, Regal, but their regular blended would also work fine. I don’t put up a lot of scotch recipes, and I’m trying to fix that by trying more. This Aberdeen Flip gives me serious hope that I’m about to stumble into the hidden world of lesser knows scotch cocktails. This is a serious Holiday cocktail that tastes like a mid-December, special drink should.
Here we go -
- 2 oz Chivas Scotch (if you have the 18, why not?)
- 1 oz Oloroso (sweet) Sherry
- 1 egg (don’t fear the egg…just make certain it’s a fresh one)
- 1/4 oz spiced syrup (I used my ginger simple. You can find the recipe on site)
- couple dashes chocolate bitters (I use Fee Brothers. You can get them on Amazon)
- tsp Blackberry jam
Add all ingredients into shaker and shake hard. Add cracked ice and shake very hard again, maybe for a minute. Strain frothy, chilly wonder into sherry glass or cocktail glass, then dust with nutmeg. Skip crummy Christmas party and make another.